Very Poor Radio Reception E46

gavster86

Hi, Ever since I have had my car the radio reception has been bad I always put it down to the headunit but I have just upgraded the unit and the signal is still awful just cuts out all the time any ideas where the ariel is on these? I am guessing it is in the rear window somewhere but I cant see where>

I'm not to sure to be honest mate. But I believe the connection for the aerial in my E36 is in the drivers side of the boot. If I'm correct it's behind the carpet covering the wing. The radio never worked on mine from when I first brought the car and put it down to the head unit. When I stripped out the car I found the aerial cable unplugged there. Sure someone else on here can either confirm or call me a liar haha.

Good luck.

I have a 2004 E46 and the radio reception is awful, and seems to be a common problem, due to the aerial being part of the rear window. If I have my heated rear window on, the interference is unbelievable. The unit is located in the nearside rear door C pillar. If you pull off the cover (with the interior light) then you will see the unit. Check that the aerial is in tight. I checked mine and cleaned all of the contacts, and it made it better for a while.

I was thinking of upgrading my standard Business CD unit, but realised it would be a waste of money as I would still be using the crap aerial!

Good luck mate.

John

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links