Tailgate Wont Open

gordybiker

Anyone got any ideas how to open the tailgate on a early 2006 x3.

Was struggling to get lock to release, stripped out and cleaned the microswitches in the handle and it worked much better, rebuilt it and occasionally lock wouldn't do anything even though you could hear the microswitches operating, so using a screwdriver i operated the lock on the tailgate floor to make it think the tailgate was shut. Now I cant get it to release meaning that now my tailgate hits the lock now but wont stay shut!!!!!

Should I be stripping the locking mechanism on the floor or is it something simpler?

Have found that by removing the jack and looking in at the left side of the lock there is a red plastic slider, when I slide it towards left this manually releases the lock.

Anyone got a good detailed schematic drawing of the central locking system?

• Like 1

Banishing me is no threat! I sold a Landrover before I bought the X3 so I am used to B.L crap. I was signed up to the Landrover forum.

Thanks for the info'. I will get look through this.

Got to the bottom of it. 2x little pcb mount microswitches in boot lid handle were to blame, managed to buy similar at maplins and mod' to suit. Working perfectly now.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links