Bmw 316I Coupe - £600 Bid

Guest DazH

BMW 316i Coupe

img0436qh.jpg

Honest little car for sale. Been my everyday driver for the past 6 months and has never let me down. Needs to go as my old bimmer is about to go back on the road and only have space for one motor. Covered quite a few miles since taking ownership of her and still has plenty of life left. ~148k miles. Insurance is relatively cheap. Turns over, idles and drives lovely. New MOT passed yesterday. Tax till 30th July. definitely ready to drive away. She is very well looked after and cared for being an owners club member of BMW and a BMW Enthusiast.

Basics:

- BMW 3 Series E36 (3rd generation)

- 1.6 litre 4 cylinder engine

- 5 Speed Manual

- ABS

- Power Steering

- Central locking

- E46 (4th Generation) Alloys

- Electric Mirrors

- MPG Gauge

- Kenwood Radio CD player

- V5 Present

Basics Defined:

Power-plant: The smooth 1.6Ltr M43 engine boasts a fantastic 49 MPG on the motorway making her very economical. Pile of past receipts with its service history and was recently fully serviced (haven't yet had the chance to fit the new front suspension drop links and fuel filter so their in the boot). Brand new rubber engine mounts fitted about 2 months back. Does not overheat and remains stable during any traffic and any weather.

Suspension: All the suspension shocks level themselves as they should. No obvious knocks from any corner. I have brand new front drop-links in the boot ready to be fitted. Brand new track rod ends fitted about 2 months ago which were then professionally laser tracked.

Bodywork:Finished in metallic silvery-blue that still holds a glittery shine. Body panels are in overall fantastic nick for the cars age with no signs of rust/blisters. Although in great nick, she has a few dings and scratches as what can be expected for a '98 motor like the small ding you can see just below the rear reg plate. Not many of these and can't be seen/noticed from a distance or unless you look for them. Windscreen is in good condition other then a large crack at the very very bottom but did not effect the MOT.

Tyres/Wheels:Tyres are all in good nick including the spare. Car will be sold with the updated E46 alloys seen in the pictures that are all in good condition with minimal curbing. Plenty of meat on all the brake pads and the discs. Locking wheel nut included

Exhaust: No blows and sounds exactly how it should. Perfect

Electrics:All electrics seem to work exactly how they should. Windows go up and down smoothly and do not get stuck or grind. Airbag light is illumined due to me working under the seats and just needs resetting. Kenwood Face-Off CD player fitted and works flawlessly. Exterior lights all work.

Interior: Dark blue cloth interior in fantastic condition with no nasties. Not smoked in. Passenger seat needs a new metal cable to allow access to the rear seats. Access to rear seats is possible via the drivers side OR by moving the passenger seat forward which is just as easy as using the mechanism. Carpets are clean with very minimal ware. All the rear seats fold forward. The hand brake and gear leaver plastics are a bit tacky so if you care for aesthetics, I would change these (not expensive if you want to bother). Glove box works and locks perfectly but the button sometimes pops out if you're rough with it. Driver side door handle plastic surround is missing (Cheap replacement if you care enough about it. Works perfectly without it.

Drivetrain: 5 speed manual transmission works exactly how it should do. Nice and smooth throughout all gears and even smoother as she heats up. No whining or rattles from the mounts. Differential does not whine or show any signs of nasties such as leaks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Location: South East London (SE1). Bermondsey, Southwark. Old Kent Road.

Bid starts at £600 with no reserve past that point - Serious bids ONLY - Cash on collection ONLY - You pay the price in which the auction ends on. No more, No less - Out of respect the car is accurately described unlike most cars on Ebay so if you have questions regarding ANYTHING please ask before you bid as its not a topic for when cash is changing hands. Advertised elsewhere but will ONLY remove auction if cash has changed hands.

--

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Forums

News

Membership