Performance Air Filter Yes Or No

Hello, just wanted to ask if changing the filter to one of the performance type was beneficial to the car or not and also for a stanless steel exhaust. mine is a 1994 316i with 220,000km (i am in france) it is as new and in stunning condition, but it appears that every one seems to be changing for the above stated items as it offers beter fuel and sounds great to. Welcome you input on thei matter

Guest Mister Dabsy

Yes it is very beneficial as the standard panel filter restricts air-flow, and the ECM will adjust itself to a perf. filter !

thank you for your prompt reply, i was only asking because of this post

bob is the oil guy/air filter (cant insert link) but he gives a excelent arguments SO how about stainless steel exhausts, does this have effect on the car(wnating a good effect)

welcome mate, I agree with Dabsy.... just changed my airfilter for a K&N panel filter and straight away i noticed better performance, also seems slightly better mpg.... plus K&N guarantee them for a million miles... so although bit dearer to start you never need to change again as long as you keep them clean.....the cleaner and oil is about £13.00 ( get this on ebay) and they state you need to clean air filter every 50,000 but do mine every 6 months....also iridium spark plugs help with performance and mpg...that will be my next step...and when i need to change my exhaust will go for stainless as last longer.....

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links