Bmw 2006 E90

hi guys wonder if anyone can help i have a bmw e90 ,2006,just had it a week .driving home on sunday and the engine management light came on and went in to limp mode, ran a scan with my obd scanner and code came up as p110d which is throttle position sensor is there any thing that can be done before a trip to main dealer for a replacement ,after reset car drives fine just waiting for it to happen again ,

your advice would be appreciated thanks dal

thanks guys going to remove tps this weekend and give it a clean and see if it helps and check for any loose wires as its happened twice within 1hr on sunday has been driving fine for two days since :mellow:

• 6 years later...

Hi I know this is an old thread.. but my car went into limp mode throwing P110D. A reset seems to have resolved it for now. But I know it’s gonna pop up again. 

Did you manage to resolve your issue?

Morning Peter

Are you sure it is the throttle body check the loom if you can get a BMW specific scan done it will give a description as well the part not just a code.

The sensor is sealed and in simple terms "cheap" it's a potentiometer, two bits of metal rubbing together once they wear they are done. If they had put a Hall effect sensor in place it would last and last. I did use a Dremel to separate mine when it went thinking I would repair it once I looked inside I decided not to bother.

Check www.realoem.com for the part number then search for the correct part at the best price on the Web. If you haven't used realoem before put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box and it will bring up your model, then search away. Got a brand new throttle body from DINAN in the USA for my 4.6, well it was an opportunity to upgrade things.

Good Luck

Dave