Lpg Conversion

Hi All I am considering having my 330ci coupe 2001 converted to LPG she as only done just over 50,000 miles. Is there a name for a system out there that is safe and reliable for my car?

What sort of a price would it cost to have converted?

Are they Safe? And are there any systems to steer clear of?

I do less than 5,000 miles a year so it may be a cleaner fuel due to the low mileage?

I live in the Dudley (West Midlands) area is there anyone out there who could give me recommendations for a local company that do the conversion and are registered and give you a safety certificate that is recognized and guaranteed. I hope someone can point me in the right direction. Believe me any help would be useful.

Many thanks everyone

Steve

I would like to thank you all for your comments looks like I will have to buy a mast, sail and rigging. to save a few bob on fuel, and thanks for telling me about the valves.

many thanks.

Steve

Do you want the simple answer.......Dont!

You don't do enough miles, and if you did we would all say buy a diesel. Gonna be blunt but it is a waste of money and sadly will make selling you car more difficult in my eyes

I completely disagree with the other comments on here Steve. LPG is massive in every other country apart from little Britain (especially Germany where thousands of BMW's are converted)

Valve damage is a potential to some vehicles and they require a lubrication system. BMW's however are no problem thanks to the quality components. The only thing you need to be cautious about is there are lots of cheap, crappy kits about. Get it done by someone who is LPGA approved and fit a BRC system (approved by 20+ manufactures), should cost between £1,000-£1,500 for a 4cyl engine.

payback will take 15-20k miles so it depends how long you keep your car. Drives just like a petrol engine so you dont have to switch to dirty diesel!