Quick One - Ccfl Headlight Modifications

poshbloke

Hi

Just got a 2000 E38, very new to the brand.

I drive mainly round town, so don't always need headlights, except to be seen. Was thinking about wiring these things in, well, getting a garage to do it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Proton-X5-XENON-CCFL-ANGEL-EYES-FOR-BMW-E36-E46-E38-E39-/350691393584?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51a6d60030

What are your thoughts? Or are these a bit lame?

Cheers

Paul

I remember years ago when i was young.

I wanted to put LED strips in my chaved up Tigra.

I read put the light unit in the oven for 5 to soften the glue.

I'd have 5 tins of stella prior, decided to walk up shop to fetch more, got talking to my mate....well...

I was living at the mother in laws too........you can imagine

• Like 1

I used these to replace the OEM 501 sidelight bulbs in the headlights:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-7-Series-E38-728i-501-W5W-8SMD-LED-Canbus-Side-Lights-Bulb-Upgrade-New-/230914711818?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c396e10a

Couldnt be bothered re angel lights; everyones got them so nice to be a bit different!

The LED sidelights are VERY bright and very noticeable so would be a easier & better option IMO

No dismantling either; just need to have either small hands or be good with needle nose pliers to get the !Removed! bulbs out & back in again; not shovel hands like myself!

I remember years ago when i was young.

I wanted to put LED strips in my chaved up Tigra.

I read put the light unit in the oven for 5 to soften the glue.

I'd have 5 tins of stella prior, decided to walk up shop to fetch more, got talking to my mate....well...

I was living at the mother in laws too........you can imagine

haha!

Apologies; had a lot on

These are the sidelights; just them on (crap pic sorry) but you can see how bright/vibrant they are:

IMAG0076_zps44f40215.jpg

Took 10mins of faffing with needle nose pliers to swap them across (Ive hands like shovels) but they look great; great for daytime driving and bright enough to have on without main lights until it gets dark etc...

• 1 year later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links