Polish Or Hardwax??

Hi all i clean my car every weekend and always give it a good polish with black turtle wax, only as my car is black and auto glym sticks in the stone chips that shows badly, anyway i shelled out £20 on turtle wax ice a sort of hard wax paste and the differnce is big!! I first clayed the car then waxed it. wax took about an hour longer to apply, the wax brought the colour out like new very slick!! and water comes staite off pain for washing as it runs off!! Point is should i ditch the polish and stick with wax?? i done this 5 weeks ago and still beads as if i waxed the day before!!

Il give it a bash!! cheers! poorboys is another that alot of people talk about il have ago on both i think!! halfords do a wax in a tin by simonize for £7 might give that ago as the ice that i brought turns out its not a wax its a hard paste polish good stuff tho!!

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have just washed & Waxed my 318i 2004- Japan Red

I have looked at a lot of waxes including Turtle wax but finally used;Meguiar's Deep Crystal Shine; no's 2 & 3. The last - No 3 brings out a brilliant shine,it is a liquid Carnauba Wax.

I may also look at Maguiar's No 26.

Bertie

• 2 weeks later...

Unless you get a colour charged wax unfortunately the chips will stand out, polish though you can remove from the surface with IPA because essentially what you want to do is just pre cleanse the paintwork prior to wax/sealant if you are doing this on a regular basis so it doesnt need to stay put, failing the IPA you could just travel around the chips with a tooth pick afterwards or just solve the problem by dropping the tiniest amount of paint in the chip.

If you need any advice, i dont mind.

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have experience of these "Paint Protection" systems like Paintshield, Paintguard , 3M Ventureshield etc.

Are they any good?

Worth the money....?? Price is around £250 for the ones I have seen so far.

I would like your opinions on this.

Thanks

Gerry

no need for polish if your waxing it,.,., wax gives a greater shine than any polish and protects you paint at the same time!!!

polish is a pain to apply and to take off,

dodo juice is good auto glym wax kit is very good with a ok shine (easy to use) but the bomb witch i use ,,zymol glasur glaze,,

dodo juice £34.00/////auto glym £40.00/////zymol £98.00///// or if you want even better zymol concours glaze £175.00 :blink:

• 8 months later...

You only need to clay bar every few months, the effort for the gain will be minimal doing it often, the system that I use and recommend is:

Wash (2 bucket system)

Clay

Wash (2 bucket system)

Dry

Polish

Wax

I generally skip polish when waxing as it brings out a deeper shine, for dark cars I highly recommend Dodo juice Purple Haze

Some more general cleaning practices can be found here:

http://www.bmwownersclub.com/forums/topic/10787-a-guide-to-detailing/

• 5 months later...