8 Series Parts - Door Seals

Lynden

Recently I purchased an 8 Series. Always wanted one but as they are old and well driven cars the one I bought needs a few parts to bring it back to life.

The first parts I need to get are new door seals for the passenger side, but may as well get the driver side whilst at it, but can I find any? No!

I will be calling BMW on Monday but guess this wouldn't be the most competative place.

Searching the web for sites that sell parts for an 8 Series has turned out to be a difficult task.

Are there any out there that sell standard parts for this none standard car?

Thanks

post-3273-0-09682200-1333231596_thumb.jp

Guest Mister Dabsy

You can actually get generic seals which press onto the door lips ! Sold by the metre i believe... Try ebay " door seal"

• 2 weeks later...

Well, how far have I got?

Called BMW directly and asked for various parts. The door seal was £205 new which is steep but genuine.

I managed to get a seal from an 8 Seires breaking for spares for £45 including shipping which I think is worth a shot.

However I think BMW prices are not all that bad.

I also asked for a new ignition barrel. I was very suprised by the quote. For £100 I could get the barrel, fitted and it would be specially made for my car so the original key would work. Very impressed.

The larger washer bottle under the hood was £70 but the fitting was also £70 which is a bit much. I think they misunderstood the car as they thought it was under the wing which it isn't. I'll pop in and get them to quote fitting whilst looking at the car.

Thanks for the posts and advise.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update. Always good to know the outcome. Was the cost of the seal quoted by BMW for both doors or just one? Was the seal you ordered from the breakers workable for your car?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

The price from BMW was for one seal only and the one from the breakers is not fitted yet as I asked for fitting instructions but none came. If there are any fitting instructions out there I'd be very grateful. Once I have some idea on how to start I'll be back with another update.

• 3 months later...

Door seals fitted now and fitted perfectly. It was a direct fit although I did not fit it. When I was having the fuel lines and brake lines fitted I thought might aswell get the same people to seal. So far I have had the following done on the car;

Fuel lines (Private Garage)

Brake lines (Private Garage)

Passenger Side door seal (Private Garage)

Rear springs (F1 Auto Centre)

Rear Tyres: Continental (F1 Auto Centre)

Ignition barrel keeping same key (BMW)

Still to do;

Interior leather re spray

Master service

MOT (Due in two weeks)

Disks and pads replacing

Water bottle replacing

About half way through now and really enjoying the car. The big question is do I refurbish the AC Schnitzer Type 2 wheels or get something newer, perhaps M5 wheels?

Door seals fitted now and fitted perfectly. It was a direct fit although I did not fit it. When I was having the fuel lines and brake lines fitted I thought might aswell get the same people to seal. So far I have had the following done on the car;

Fuel lines (Private Garage)

Brake lines (Private Garage)

Passenger Side door seal (Private Garage)

Rear springs (F1 Auto Centre)

Rear Tyres: Continental (F1 Auto Centre)

Ignition barrel keeping same key (BMW)

Still to do;

Interior leather re spray

Master service

MOT (Due in two weeks)

Disks and pads replacing

Water bottle replacing

About half way through now and really enjoying the car. The big question is do I refurbish the AC Schnitzer Type 2 wheels or get something newer, perhaps M5 wheels?

+ Add a fantastic display picture to my BMWOC profile! :D

Ganna be wonderful when shes done. Keep us pictured!

• 9 months later...

Hello again everyone.

I have done a bit more with the car. Sorry if it offends but I like it.

!Orange Wheels!

Not to everyones taste but I like the combo and it can be easily restored if I sell. (Not likely tho!)

Door seal still in place and working well, not that is does much. The next seal I will need to look at is the sun roof. No leaks or anything just an air noise at speed. I guess a wind deflector or clip has been broken. Just looking for a diagram of the assembly to compare against?

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links