320 I 1993 Auto Coupe :problem.....still>>>>>>>>>

theeflash1

Have a BMW 320i Auto Coupe 1993. Examined Plugs and they were "Soaking"...with oil. All exept one(Dry)...Also Charged battery to full, put in Car and after trying to turn the engine over, I stopped and left overnight. Cam backin morning...TOTALLY DEAD!!!!! :huh:

pLESE ADVISE AS SAME......

kENNY>><< <_<

Oil on the spark plug nib: Warn valve seals or piston ring failure. It being on all the spark plugs but one, doubtful

Oil on the spark plug body: Sounds like the valve cover gasket is leaking and some of the oil is falling down into the sparky chambers. Its the gasket around the circular spark plug chambers that has most likely failed not the one around the entire head BUT change ALL gaskets while down there.

Pretty easy too do, You'll be fine so don't worry. I don't have an M5*/2 engine (Yet) but some of the homies here do so fire questions like a mad-man if needed

If the battery you are talking about is new, then your leaking charge somewhere. Get an Auto electrician to run a chase and he'll find it. If you haven't changed the battery, do that....

HTH,

Daz

Edit: Almost forgot, this should help:

http://www.alpinewhite.net/?p=186

• 1 month later...

**Car still not working_I hold my hands up with ignorance....I poured ........

a whole bottle of MOTOR OIL INTO ENGINE****..Total

Fool....Getting Car "SCOPED" and my friend has diagnostic equipment tomorrow

. Garage was trying to find the fault by Trial and Deduction

..eg...Could be anything..!

Have any if you experienced guy's thing of the PRIMARY CAUSE to this Non Starter...????

Thank You

Kenny>><<

Guest Mister Dabsy

Fuel pressure, spark and Timing.... In that order, check these if ok then dead CPS, massive air leak or unmatching management/main fuses/relays...

Thank's Guys New Plugs and spark.....Got me thinking any overload of oil is going to affect all the small arterioles and clogging the whole system!.....CPS??...What is that?...I'm a nurse so i'm trying to equate Human body system's and The cars different systems.....Only had 2weeks in 8month in car...PISSSED.OFF!....LOL...

Guy's you are gems, sharing your knowledge...Many Thanks.....

Foolish Guy Blue!!!!!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links