Sky Or Virgin ?????

prestige interiors

Sky Or Virgin Media  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer

• Sky
    • Virgin Media

I use Freesat for my 5 box install round the house (but I am a tv/sat/av engineer amongst other things),and Virgin for my BB (i get an awesome deal from them 17.50 pm for 20+mb and they are about to boost it up tp 50mb for nowt extra too) :D :D :D

sky are ace for me.. getting 8mb which is great. Zero downtime as far as i know.

We use internet TV everyday and always works.

Virgin sucks, service sucked for me, full of promises and the engineer never turned up, made a mess of the wall when installing.. promised to fix, never did even after a few calls.

Only thing i liked sky for was the TV, their box is better than sky or catch up tv.

Also Virgin said I'd get up to 50meg BB...

Im getting exactly that.

Only problem I have is their new wireless router hate the iMac for some reason.

The comp will not connect to the modem for love nor money.

But I supposed hardwiring is a better, faster way.

• 3 weeks later...

I think you either have excellent service from Sky or the worst. When i moved into my new place last month we had Sky and was told my first bill would only be £17.50 with credit from installation. However they charged me for packages I didn't have, calls I didn't make and films I hadn't watched at a total of £119 for three weeks. They wouldn't resolve things or even admit liability so I cancelled and with no questions asked from their end they seemed happy to cut me off. Hence why i'm now with Virgin. Only pay an extra 30P from what my Sky package should have been monthly and get so much more :)

had sky for 20 years now, but does !Removed! me off when they do all these offers for new customers and nothing for existing apart from up the price.... another thing thats given me the hump is that F1 is on sky and gonna cost me 20 quid a month to get it as you ave to suscrib to the full sports package even tho F1 ha its own channel, was kinda hoping i could just get the channel but nooooooooooo..... just have to sell one of the kids but which one?

I used to work for sky. If you are not in contract with them,Call and ask to speak to the retention department. Tell them that you are needing to save a few quid and sky is a luxury that you can do without so you are THINKING of leaving sky. At this point you will be given an offer to try and make you stay with them. Refuse all of the offers until they tell you that they have nothing else they can offer then decided which ones is best for you.

Some staff cut the bs and offer you the best one straight away but most will keep the best offer for last. Be polite and even have a laugh with them as this will get you a better offer. People who phone up and pee the staff off get nothing other than a note on their account saying not to give this account any offers as this person is a total (enter your preferred bad word here). Just make sure it is retentions you talk to as no one else has the authority to give the best offers.

I hope this helps. X

• 5 months later...

i'm with sky have been for years and the new customer deals do my head in to they seem to forget about the customers they got already

so i'll be trying that to as they just upped the price of my bill , never had virgin so can't really comment on it

• 7 months later...

This is probably a bit late Ive had Sky for years,standard Sky digital. Box broke, Sky wanted a fortune to fix it. Cant get Virgin in my area. Pals told me to tell them I got a better deal off BT, phoned Sky to cancel and they gave me a HD box, multi room for nothing (6 months free to be precise). They are desperate to keep you and if you are leaving for Virgin or BT they will bend over backwards to keep you.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links