Engine Idle From Start Hot Or Cold......

josh

Another Crime Solved eh?

Indeed! hahah

Should be idling around 700-800 when nice and warm, Mine idles around 500-600 but thats coz I like the poping noise from my backbox-less exhaust haha. The oil in those parts you took off is quite normal over time, its caused by a bit of blow-by and only becomes a problem if it starts reaching the air filter and clogging it up

You can tweak your idle from the throttle body (Yes, you diagnosed where that part was correctly). Keep at it matey! You will learn ALOT from this site (Trust... Me... You will)

Daz

Hay thanks guys............................. its only back.................. went for drive today and POW reving all over again.............. FFS will just have to wait till Sat :angry:

Hay thanks guys............................. its only back.................. went for drive today and POW reving all over again.............. FFS will just have to wait till Sat :angry:

Vacuum leak or additional air slide valve...

ok bit more to my last reply........ ICV at 90 degress this is called a L shape ICV and there is also a T shape ICV around 1988, BMW decided to change the rubber boots, so now if you go to BMW and ask for the rubber boot you'll get the rubber boot for a T shape if you need one for the L shape ICV you'll have to ask or supply them with the serial number from your old one. (found this the hard way), oh and if your intrested

Rubber boot for T shaped ICV is just under £20

Rubber boot for Lshaped ICV is just under £19

straight from BMW, bought one of mine from ebay £24 and its noway near as sturdy as the BMW ones.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links