Puncture Kits

acrybb

I have a puncture kit provided by arnold clark that site inside the recess under the boot floor this does not correctly fit in the well and as a result takes up way more room in there than it should. i have seen one for £40 from a mini, are the kits the same throughout the full range? The kit i have has the compressor and sealer etc. is it worth just binning the box and wrap the current stuff in bubble wrap to stop em rattling about?

Guest Mister Dabsy

They are only a "Get U 2 a Garage" item anyway, not advised for prolonged use just because of the sealant/gas... It can also affect tyre balance !!

If you have a good spare then throw the kit in the shed !!

i wouldnt use the sealant to be honest mate like you say plus it would be a PITA to get off? Long term im gonna get the run flats back on it £89 delivered for a continental. but need 4 so about £400 fitted lol. its just a handy kit to have even if its just to blow up the tyre.

also look at this picture:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-2009-E92-INTERIOR-BOOT-FLOOR-CARPET-/320775174456?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aafb0b938

On there is a black handle for lifting the carpet to get to whats underneath. Mine does not have the handle trawled the Internet in what seems to be all the wrong places i aint finding them :(

Guest Mister Dabsy

Mine doesn't either mate, not the end of the world though eh?

BTW as for run-flats.... Nooooooooooooooooooooooo LOL Don't get me started on these overpriced gimmick/muppet tyres !!! Harsher ride and mucho pennies to buy.

Get standards mate B)

Dont get me wrong dabs and please dont think im havin a dig, im really not i appreciate your opinion. Its like anything all opinion based and all that. I feel that if i took a sealant tyre to a kwik fit or what ever they will turn round and want more for tyre removal? Plus if i use it its will be £20 odd to replace the sealer can so the tyres would be sealer can without the inconvenience of having to use the sealer. so its £20 your gonna spend what ever way you look at it.

Sealer = £20

RFT = £20 - inconvenience

I dont want to be havin the extra crap in my boot in the shape of a spare wheel especially as there is nowhere to put it.

i have never used either and have always have had a spare but with no place to keep a spare this is where the question pops up.

Cheers mate

Andy

Dont get me wrong dabs and please dont think im havin a dig, im really not i appreciate your opinion. Its like anything all opinion based and all that. I feel that if i took a sealant tyre to a kwik fit or what ever they will turn round and want more for tyre removal? Plus if i use it its will be £20 odd to replace the sealer can so the tyres would be sealer can without the inconvenience of having to use the sealer. so its £20 your gonna spend what ever way you look at it.

Sealer = £20

RFT = £20 - inconvenience

I dont want to be havin the extra crap in my boot in the shape of a spare wheel especially as there is nowhere to put it.

i have never used either and have always have had a spare but with no place to keep a spare this is where the question pops up.

Cheers mate

Andy

Im not a run flat fan either, but you have made a great point there Andy..nice one

Guest Mister Dabsy

Yup, no-room, good point ;)

Seriously didn't mean to be flippant, it just didn't register in my tiny brain that there was no spare-wheel well !!

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links