330D Power????

ASTRA-MK1-TURBO

Hi, I have a 2000 330d that i have not owned long and just have a couple of questions that you may be able to help me with.....

It seems to be pretty flat under 2700rpm and then go's like hell when the turbo kicks in, should the turbo be spooling up lower in the rev range and if this is normal for them is there any way of getting it to come in lower??

It is fine if you rev it hard through the gears but oviously this is not always convenient haha!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cheers Graham

Guest Mister Dabsy

The turbo is usually spinning full-time mate as it takes it's effort from the exhaust, it's just a combination of vac and throttle the makes it spin @ a higher rate 'n compress air... Have you checked/cleand the EGR as this sometimes gives issues if coked-up... Just a thought fella...

Yeh cheers for that will have a look at the egr!! it had a fuel leak up top so I replaced the leak off pipes and that seems to have cured that, was hoping that could have been the problem air in fuel etc... I know they spin full time but they kick in at a certain rev point more noticably if you know what i mean?

IT could just be me not used to it after my alfa jtd as that was straight on boost at about 2000rpm! and with this being a straight 6 there will be a big difference from the 5 pot alfa.

could do with having a drive in another apart from mine to find out unless anyone on here can enlighten me where theirs kicks in??

Cheers

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links