E36 Common Problems

G4VHD

Hi Guys................I went to start my car this morning, no joy!! Was fine lastnite when parked up on drive. Battery is fine got fuel etc, it was a very cold frosty morning. Anyone got any ideas? Thank you. Chris

• 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Arnold

Welcome to the Forum

Any car not just an E36 can have problems after being left for a year. There can be, sludge blocking the pick up failed fuel pumps failed tank senders and fuel filter blockages.and Filler cap/breather

Those are the obvious ones that come to mind around the tank, you could also have sensor issues in the engine bay and injector issues

That's the negative stuff out of the way fingers crossed it is something simple like a blocked breather

Dave

• 4 months later...

Hey guys ! 

I’ve been having issues finding a rear axle for my convertible 1998 323i. I’ve ordered one from every single possible website but everything I try to install its to long. Could there be an underlying problem with the rest of my suspension? 

Morning Christhela

Not certain what you are trying to source? Are you trying to buy a complete assembly? Drive shafts?

The rear axle is made up from a Rear Axle carrier which holds the Diff. Drive shafts and suspension components determine the overall width of the assembly.

If you are not aware take a look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model the look at the relevant section. You will see a number of small exploded drawings that will help understand the assembly there are also Part Numbers so when buying used or new you will know your getting the correct parts.

Hope this helps

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links