37 members have voted

1. 1. what polish is the best?

• auto glym
    • triple wax
    • meguiars
    • simoniz
    • t-cut
    • auto smart

I know ##### all about polish (as I dont do it or can never be arsed to) so as the Dragons say....Im out !! lol

How do you get your car show ready Snyp?

By taking it down to my local Asian car washing friends and paying them a tenner for an inside/outside clean :) then all i do is buff over it with a dry cloth.....job done :)

One day I (or more likely I'll pay somebody) to give my car a proper polishing :)

By taking it down to my local Asian car washing friends and paying them a tenner for an inside/outside clean :) then all i do is buff over it with a dry cloth.....job done :)

One day I (or more likely I'll pay somebody) to give my car a proper polishing :)

next time I see you mate...I'll show you, on your car, what or foreign friends have done to your car..

Only I can touch my cars..

Bring it to me mate...Ill do it....

I cringe at the £5 washes...that !Removed! horrible sponge holding all that grit in that dirty water, and that battery acid wheel cleaner.....uhhhh :o

Bring it to me mate...Ill do it....

I cringe at the £5 washes...that bloody horrible sponge holding all that grit in that dirty water, and that battery acid wheel cleaner.....uhhhh :o

When I had my Passat, the £5 turkish car wash was ideal! :D but since I went up in the world I tend to stay away with my BM. I disagree with letting those scummy bastads touch your car but, I kinda 'Get it'. Iv'e spent 7/8 hours polishing my cars before in one day and stepped back thinking, wtf is wrong with me! Yeahhh... I disagree with you but I 'Get it'..

Gav is totally right though, they might as well use one of these on your paintwork:

lag_items_PPUR1702.JPG

Daz

To be fair these guys are pretty good and Ive been going to them for years now,always fresh water in buckets,cleaned sponges and mops etc :) If they were that bad youd have noticed it when seeing my car at the show :)

To be fair these guys are pretty good and Ive been going to them for years now,always fresh water in buckets,cleaned sponges and mops etc :) If they were that bad youd have noticed it when seeing my car at the show :)

Your car was pretty mint at Santa Pod. Like a Ninja, I was inspecting it without you knowing :o

• 7 months later...

Always used Auto glym but also Mer is really good... been polishing the BM but done my back in... so have been doing it for 3 days now and still have the doors, wings and qurters to do....one of the best products auto glym have is alloy wheel seal.. basically clean and polish the alloys then spray this seal on them, wipe it in and buff....And then it leaves a film on the wheels that stops brake dust etc getting into the alloy, so when you wash all the crap just wipes off........

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...