When You Buy Road Tax...

G4VHD

34 members have voted

1. 1. do you buy

• 6 months
    • 12 months
    • Dont bother

When you buy your road tax (as you all should) do you go for the 6 or 12 month option?

I always buy 12 month option

But are you worried that your car might be stolen or a right off in 6 months time and wont want to apply for a refund!!

Do you chaps think that the price is worth it?

Some of the roads near me are a right state and it makes me well mad as my suspension is pretty hard.

Guest Mister Dabsy

When you buy a BMW, you want to keep it so 12 mth excise is Deffo the best option Gav...

But you might need to "Stagger" the expenses by not doing MOT and Insurance at same time...

ideally 12 months but can never get the funds! so 6 does the job.

and yes its a bad rip off. i rarely use a car in the week due to me having a work van, the work van is less tax than the bmw!! i do about 30k a year in that and run it all day for power. its a joke!

I always do 12 months coz I begrudge paying the extra tenner, or whatever it is, for the privilage of paying 6 months. No not worth the money but I'm not going there :angry:

• 9 months later...

I always have intentions to get 12 months but then end up getting 6 months because i see something i want to buy withe the extra money for the 12 months........Apparrently the higher rate tax rules applies to any vehicle built after 30th march 2001 ( found this out in an ebay ad for a car i was looking at) and mine was built..................Feb 2001..............but have since found out ( after taxing mine) built really means when first registered and mine is................20th April 2001......Typical.....

Well i am no saint on this, I USED to tax the BMW for 12 months as it is cheaper in the long run. However sadly......... I forgot about the MOT which expired 14 months previously hence the tax was best part of two years out!,

So it is now MOTin DEC and tax for 6 months to space things out abit.

The MANX Cars always stage legit as the road tax is only £20 PA

• 3 months later...

I always push for 12 months MOT when changing cars and wont take less than 6 months RFL. Thereafter I buy for the full year to keep the motoring costs spread round the year. Takes a bit of juggling as a 3 car family but I just look at it as another challenge I could do without!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

£270 a year for Vollie C70, and no I don't think road tax is worth the cost, just look at the state of the roads, and the government do not put all our road fund licence money back in to the roads

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links