Bmw Convert!

Shooter_K_1984

Hi all.

Have become the proud owner of a 1995 E34 520 Touring, I love it and apart from having to change all 4 shocks, which I managed after some significant swearing and several bouts of spanner rash, the car is Tip Top.

Dont really wanna change the look of it but am interested in squeezing a little more power out of it, Simply getting a different car with a bigger engine, isnt really an option as I'm in the British Army and posted in Germany so RHD motors are at a premium, does any one know any not to expensive ways to gain around an extra 20 BHP or so out of it??

Thanks.

Mark.

post-1070-0-78245200-1301173217_thumb.jp

Guest Mister Dabsy

No Gav... Not necessary... Get as much cold air as you can.... Bin the box and get a top cone filter, but shield the filter away from engine heat, maybe a directional force pipe too (like a brake duct) !!

BTW don't bother with those poxy Maf bypass chips/Diodes as you would still get warm air lol<br>Try a Pre-Maf cone where the sensor is still usable...<br>

Yeah i dont think thats to far from here, I'm in Bruggen, right on the dutch border.

Would the cold air intake really give that much of a power boost.

Had a look at some remap's on websites they average around 12 hp gain for 200-250 quid, not sure if id really notice that.

There's a air flow pipe that runs from behind the nearside headlight, maybe i could use that. Any suggestions on where to shop for the air filter? or ust stick to EBay?

cool so looks like a remap or a chip is the way to go, would like more than 12 hp gain, but will shop around. probably gonna get an E34 M5 when i get back to the UK, cant &#33;Removed&#33; wait, dont like living in Germany, though the autobahns are pretty damn good.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links