• 20 to 29
    • 30 to 39
    • 40 to 49
    • 50 to 59
    • 60 to 69
    • 70 to 79
    • 80 and up

Guest jeffthro

Old enough to be past caring how old I am!!! :lol: (but I did vote)

Sadly for me, Geoff, clearly under 60 thus still leaving me in the "Oldest 3 in the poll" group Lol.

Guest jeffthro

Age is irrelevant, life's what counts. Only a couple of years separate us but does it matter, of course not we've got BMW's

Agree, Agree and Agree! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
Guest jeffthro

All true, Jeffers. I get a little bit touchy on Rugby days like today, played my last game on Xmas Eve 1991 at just over 40 years of age, and that evening drove to London for Christmas one armed (Wife had to do gear changes!)due to damaged muscles and ligaments in left shoulder. Still miss playing like crazy though, and just watching just isn't the same. Can't turn the clock back though, like you, keep the memories alive and happy!

Hi Jeffthro,

Like you I too used to play sport, cricket first then Hockey, was 21-23 then injured both knees in consectutive years which put paid to that.

Worked them to hard and trained twice a week outdoor, twice a week indoor, 3 games a weekend and went over the top with fitness back then, took many years to get knees back in shape, i think playing keeper in hockey did some damage but playing out at inside right finished them off with full length pitch runs, one of my positives was being able to run very fast then, more of a jog nowadays lol.

As for missing playing I agree, but not sensible now so golf(learning amateur)fishing (lifelong since 4yrs old) and landscape painting are my pastimes all at leisurely pace.

jeffers

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links