BMW 330d Remap

Hi all,

Anyone know where I can get information and prices on completing an engine remap on a 330d M Sport?

It's currently running at 231bhp... I believe it should add another 30+ bhp ontop! :)

Thanks,

Hutchy

• 3 weeks later...

Give these guys a try

http://www.bmwremapping.co.uk

Prices start at £185... that's really good, although I haven't actually contacted them for a full quote. I have, however, found a tuning company about 5 miles up the road from me who will do 3 cars for £180 each... and he'll come to my place of work to do it :D I've already found 2 colleagues who will join me - happy days :P

Next... try and convince the mrs that this is a good idea... :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

how did you get on? did you convince the missus?

My car's warranty is up on the 19th July, so I've booked in a service and MOT... once that's done I'm going to book it in for the remap ;)

• 3 months later...

Be wary of cheap remaps! Personally I would source a company with a rolling road and a reputation for tuning BMW's. The advantage of using a rolling road to remap your engine is that you get an accurate measure of any changes the remap has made to power and torque output and not just a general estimated figure. The rolling road will also show up any problems that your engine may have before adding more stress to it by upping fuelling and boost pressures etc.

When my 3.0sd X3 was remapped it only made 278bhp as a standard output (should have been 286bhp) but the torque was over standard spec at 440lbsft. After tweaking the settings on the rolling road it now produces 340bhp and 510lbsft. This approach to tuning costs a bit more (around £499) but its worth knowing exactly what you have got for your money!

Be wary of cheap remaps! Personally I would source a company with a rolling road and a reputation for tuning BMW's. The advantage of using a rolling road to remap your engine is that you get an accurate measure of any changes the remap has made to power and torque output and not just a general estimated figure. The rolling road will also show up any problems that your engine may have before adding more stress to it by upping fuelling and boost pressures etc.

When my 3.0sd X3 was remapped it only made 278bhp as a standard output (should have been 286bhp) but the torque was over standard spec at 440lbsft. After tweaking the settings on the rolling road it now produces 340bhp and 510lbsft. This approach to tuning costs a bit more (around £499) but its worth knowing exactly what you have got for your money!

i agree 100%

• 11 years later...

Hi,i have just bought a high mileage 2006 330d m spor.t The car its self is in lovely condition but is really under powered. i am looking for somebody who knows the M57 well car get the engine back on song. And advise on DPF removal and custom remap with rolling road proof. I am based in Manchester.

Yours in anticipation Jay 

As said in your welcome post make sure the engine, turbo, etc etc are all good before spending out your hard earned

Check carefully regarding DPF removal as I believe it will be an MOT fail. My brother inlaw is now on his 5th 5 series touring all have been ECU tuned from new he has never had any DPF issues and the last 4 have gone well above 200k all have complete BMW histories with interim oil and filter changes here. We did swirl flap on the early 3 but the later cars are much better. The last two needed EGR changes at around 150k

Dave