2023 223i active tourer - emergency braking

Rubes

Hi - can anyone tell me if you can turn off the emergency braking. I’m trying to reverse into a single garage and the braking system keeps on activating which is making the manoeuvre difficult to complete. Can the emergency braking be turned off temporarily via the vehicle settings ?

Morning Ian

Welcome to the Forum

Never come across this one before, clearly the Parking Sensors think your to close to an obstruction so they trigger the Brakes to protect you and the car.

Not sure if you can adjust or turn off what BMW see as "Safety Systems" have you spoken to the Dealer Services

Good Luck

Dave

• 1 month later...

That happens occasionally when I reverse my 2022 220i out of my garage. The only way I can deactivate it is by touching the 'on screen' response and then touching on 'De-Activate Temporarily". I doubt whether there is a more permanent way to deactivate this because it is a built in safety element.

Many thanks. I eventually found someone at my local BMW Garage who showed me how to turn off the emergency braking feature via the parking settings. Thanks for the reply.

Ian

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links