New one here

argrdnr

1 minute ago, Greydog said:

Morning Adam

Welcome to the Forum

Good Luck with the reinstatement of EGR and DPF I hope its straight forward for you

Dave

I assume it’s fairly straightforward 

As long as you have the correct parts it should be a fairly easy job to physically refit the EGR and DPF. It depends what re-programming was done to fool the DDM that they were still there. Otherwise the car wouldn't have passed an MOT.

You will need a BMW capable Diagnostic Program that can not just read faults and reset them but program components correctly and register them to the chassis. As said what re-programming has been done with the DDM and how simple it will be to undo I have no Idea I am afraid as I have never done it

Dave

11 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Adam

Welcome to the Forum

Good Luck with the reinstatement of EGR and DPF I hope its straight forward for you

Dave

I assume it’s fairly straightforward 

Codes show relating to the egr and dpf so I assume that no reprogramming has been done. 

Morning Adam

If they haven't coded out warnings and sensors for DPF and EGR the dash warning lights would all be on ?

So you may have a bit of digging to do when you refit stuff

Good Luck 

Dave

5 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Adam

If they haven't coded out warnings and sensors for DPF and EGR the dash warning lights would all be on ?

So you may have a bit of digging to do when you refit stuff

Good Luck 

Dave

They were on, I can reset them in bimmercode 

Just now, Greydog said:

Hmmm, how did it pass an MOT? Unless they took the DPF/EGR off after MOT? Sounds good for replacing stuff anyway makes your life easier

Dave

I’m assuming they put it on for mot then took it off afterwards. Just need to get both of them and figure out how to fit them

If you aren't aware look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin in the search box it will call up your model. Then search the sections for what you need you will find Exploded drawings showing how stuff is fixed/fitted

It will let you be sure you have the correct part numbers even for any brackets and fasteners

Hope this helps

Dave

The advantage of INPA/ISTA is it also has workshop information.included

9 minutes ago, Greydog said:

If you aren't aware look at www.realoem.com put the last 7 digits of your Vin in the search box it will call up your model. Then search the sections for what you need you will find Exploded drawings showing how stuff is fixed/fitted

It will let you be sure you have the correct part numbers even for any brackets and fasteners

Hope this helps

Dave

The advantage of INPA/ISTA is it also has workshop information.included

Thankyou

On 3/11/2023 at 7:59 AM, Greydog said:

Hmmm, how did it pass an MOT? Unless they took the DPF/EGR off after MOT? Sounds good for replacing stuff anyway makes your life easier

Dave

Quick update:- the EGR is there but the seller blanked it off at each end.

1 hour ago, Greydog said:

Morning Adam

If you haven't already I would take off and make sure it is clean and operating as it should. Check the hoses are in good condition not cracked or hard. 

Fingers crossed 

Dave

Thankyou,

got to replace the rocker cover gaskets and injector seals as well now, should be fun, never done it before