Help on usage of my 620d

Hi all, I’ve been an active reader and this is my first post here requesting for some help please.

I currently own a 620d GT M sport on a 20 plate with under 18k miles. I live and work in Cardiff and love my car however, we are now planning to move to Mablethorpe and I’ll be required to come into my office in Cardiff once a week three times a month which is approx. a 500 mile return trip plus adding a few miles for errands around town and some weekend trips which would mean I’ll be doing an average of 30k miles a year.

The help I need and request from you guys is to advise me if it’s better for me to buy a second car under £2k (with the new house and moving costs, that’s all I can afford at the moment) and use it for my trips to Cardiff which is approx. 1500 miles a month and use my 620d beast on weekends or should I not invest in a 2nd car and save the added insurance and tax costs not to mention maintenance costs as any car under £2k will come with high mileage and just use my BMW instead as I own the car outright so there are no yearly mileage restrictions that come with PCP.

Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA.

Morning Rahul

Welcome to the Forum

Difficult choice as the contrast between your BMW and a cheapy when driving is going to be huge. Sometimes it can work well though when I rebuilt the engine in my 4.6is I brought a high mileage Toyota Avensis estate from our local dealer ex taxi 185k but spotless and full history with 3 months MOT £700, cheap tax and insurance.  My thoughts were maybe sell it on after my X5 was back on the road, after 3 months it sailed through an MOT. One of our sons started using it it stayed with us for 3 years so who knows  you may find something like that.

30k per year isnt abnormally high in modern cars it would be trade values in say 3 years that may be worth considering

Dave