Rear indicator bulb replace bmw f11 touring

Buffalo Bill

Morning William

Welcome to the Forum

I can't offer much help other than this the rear light cluster will need a new gasket set if removed I believe the rear cluster is LED so a search for "How to's" on repair may yield something.

Good Hunting

Dave 

• Like 1

Hi Bill,

Ive done this on my F11 a long time ago (almost five years) when some ##### damaged mine and its a bit of a pig for just a bulb, but not as bad as the reversing light bulb 😠. You need to take off the inner covers to reveal the rear of the lighting housing which is held in with if memory serves me right three small nuts (size eight spanner i think). The unit is quite fiddly to remove as its a tight fit but not too bad, and there is a simple connection to remove for the power source.

But you say you have to change a bulb but isnt the indicators LED's as opposed to a halogen bulb?🤔 I could be wrong as it was a long time ago when I did it. I agree that there are very little videos or info on the F11's. I spent weeks looking to find out how to change the bulb on the tailgate to illuminate the ground when the boot is open and didnt want to force it. 

Best of luck with it.

On 1/6/2023 at 8:49 PM, TCon said:

Hi Bill,

Ive done this on my F11 a long time ago (almost five years) when some ##### damaged mine and its a bit of a pig for just a bulb, but not as bad as the reversing light bulb 😠. You need to take off the inner covers to reveal the rear of the lighting housing which is held in with if memory serves me right three small nuts (size eight spanner i think). The unit is quite fiddly to remove as its a tight fit but not too bad, and there is a simple connection to remove for the power source.

But you say you have to change a bulb but isn't the indicators LED's as opposed to a halogen bulb?🤔 I could be wrong as it was a long time ago when I did it. I agree that there are very little videos or info on the F11's. I spent weeks looking to find out how to change the bulb on the tailgate to illuminate the ground when the boot is open and didnt want to force it. 

Best of luck with it.

Thank you indeed! Good news regarding your comments is I have managed to change both my reversing light bulbs following a video on YT! Not mechanically at all!! My challenge is removing the rubber inner cover that hopefully reveal the bolts you mentioned - as you said don't want to FORCE it or damage it. I too will want to change my tailgate bulb to a brighter led bulb that does appear to be tricky. Thank you for such a prompt response.