Grade differences

scimitargtc

Ok, so new to here and keen to learn the various grades of X1. Will be looking for a 2017/19 diesel auto as  a cash purchase but wondered if there is an easy to find and read spec chart showing what each grade (SE, MSport etc) has, and does not have. Engines I have figured out and leaning to a 190bhp.but wonder if the 25D twin turbo engine is any more of a risk than a 20D single turbo??? 2 or 4 wheel drive not sure yet,  coming from a range rover p38 I don't need to traverse boggy fields but need sure footed on tarmac in wet and icy conditions. Self park. Is this like the Nissan version where it will steer into a parking space?  Want front and rear parking sensors anyway,  electric tailgate, smallest wheels they came with as standard, sat nav, mobile phone connectivity,  not bothered about panoramic roof, apple car play or android auto. Either alcantara or leather any colour but not solid red, black or white. less than 40k miles.  I realise this is heck of  a wish list for a second hand car but pointers for standard spec and options I ought to seek out and any to avoid TIA 

Morning Richard

Welcome to the Forum

I would start with your local BMW Dealer; I have always found them very helpful particularly when there is a potential sale to be made.

They should be able to explain the different trim levels plus they will have access to a Range of BMW Approved and Warrantied cars.

Just too muddy the water there will be a number of cars in the used market that had been brought as say an SE but with additional customer options (Park Assist for example) 

The target is to get the list of what is available with their trim and option levels and see how close it comes to your wish list then negotiate price against what compromise you're willing to make.

Personally, I would stick with AWD for sure footed handling in all conditions, yes you could possibly get a few more mile per gallon with front drive but if stuck on a slippery grass verge or snowy road ??

Good Luck with the Hunt

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links