I bought a M5G 31 3diesel last year 18 plate

Garg

One year ago I bought an estate G 3013 L diesel I done 170 miles coming back from holiday parked up overnight next morning emergency call function not available I bought a new battery £56 BMW 1 over £500 to put it in I’m gonna try and do it myself has anyone got any tips please cording to YouTube this happens quite a lot should it be a recall

Morning Gary

Welcome to the Forum

A bit confused about which Model is your car an M5 550dx Touring (lucky boy if it is) or one of the other models with M-tech accessories like say a 530d M-tech.

As far as Battery is concerned the main Battery should be either 92ah or 105ah AGM (under the floor in the boot) and will need registering to your chassis to ensure correct charging. Just to confuse the innocent your car may have an additional battery under the Bonnet for the Aux heating and suspension which could be either AGM or Lithium the AGM should be 60ah (I think) not sure about the Lithium, again I believe these batteries need registering to the chassis.

Hope this helps not hinders

Dave

• Thanks 1

Sorry for any confusion I have a five series M sport 3 L diesel.  The factory in the roof liner no bigger than a Matchbox I didn’t fancy paying over £500 for BMW to put it in so I had a go myself I watched a quick video on YouTube it’s took me 25 minutes I’ve saved over £500 I suggest other people have a little go there self sometimes thank you for all the replies I’ve had much appreciated it is a shame I’ll pay £28,000 for my car I’ve only had it a year on the sort of person when things start going wrong don’t know how little I just get rid of them 

Morning Gary

Glad your sorted 

Just about all main Dealers for any make of car have hourly rates around £200 these days (someone has to pay for the free coffee 🤣) so add their profit on the part and VAT 

As you have discovered it is worth doing a bit of research and learning how to DIY saves a fortune in the long run

Good Luck Enjoy your car

Dave