X3 sofware update removed my digital speedometer

Shirley

BMW got in touch for a complementary software update for my 68 plate X3 SE model. They said that I wouldn't notice any difference but it was advisable for the running of the car. 

I booked it in and when I was checking the operation of the various instruments, I discovered that a display feature of the sat nav was overriding the display screen when not on the map to show a command. They had also deleted my digital speedometer.

I got in touch with the dealer who did this update and they booked it back in to fix this. Unfortunately they were unable to get the digital speedo back on it. They told me that this was BMW's decision to remove it and there was nothing more they could do.

I have been in touch with head office BMW in the UK and they have just referred me back to my local dealership who did the update. I am not getting any solution to my problem with them and the service manager is not taking my calls any more.

As they broke their contract with me by saying that I wouldn't notice any change, is there any come back on this. I find it very tricky reading the needle on the dial speedometer that is remaining. They have spoilt my driving experience. 

What do you advise I should do next?

Morning Shirley

Welcome to the Forum

If they are ducking the issue put it in writing Email and Post copy to BMW UK customer services and demand they reinstate the Digital Speedo as their "upgrade" has "down graded" your car after all they must have a copy of the original software. Tell them if they can't/won't do it you will have to take legal advice.

Don't let BMW of the hook as it was their upgrade that began the problem

Good Luck

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links