2 series coupe sport 2014 model year aftermarket sub install

Gazman

Hi there, 

I want to add an aftermarket sub to my car.  What will I need to get to be able to install one.

Many thanks

Gareth

Edited by Gazman
Missed off reference

Look at the head unit. Does it have an output for a sub? 
if so, you will need phono cables to the back of the car and an amplifier, wiring kit and sun in a box… or an active sub woofer. 
if  not, you can run the rear speakers to an amp and through a low pass filter, not ideal though. 
I would assume the stereo has the correct outputs 👍🏻

Morning Gareth

I am not sure if all the "OEM" head units are capable of accepting a sub. First I would check one of the Vin Decoder sites to get the build sheet, if memory serves there are 2 or 3 systems that were fitted and not all OEM units will readily accept an AMP. With those that do check www.realoem.com to see if an additional lead is needed. Also check if you need additional software to enable an amp in the Headunit 

I would also check You Tube to see if any helpful soul has done the job and videoed it

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links