Instrument cluster “service due” does not match iDrive info.

TCoil

After an oil change from independent shop, the hidden menu was used to reset the oil service.

The problem is that when I turn on the ignition, the instrument cluster is still saying “Service due since 5/2022“ and displays the RED car graphic. if I try to use the hidden menu again to reset, it says “reset impossible“ (though I can still force a reset using Bluetooth OBD2 device and app). Still, it does not update the message on the instrument cluster. When I go into iDrive, the info is correct (it says 6/2023 in 11000), but when I turn on the car, the image of a RED car is shown on the instrument cluster, with the wrong service due info (“due since 5/2022”).

This is an annoyance I would like to fix. Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix it?

In case this matters, I have used a popular coding app to do simple straightforward modifications (nothing in expert mode). The only instrument cluster mod I added was to display small digital speed in mph when analog gauges are in use. Thinking that maybe this mod messed something up, I tried reverting to the backup from before the mod was made and used OBD2 to reset again…Still, my issue persists.

It’s a 2014 740i - F01 N55 engine

Hope Someone knows why this is happening and what the fix may be.

3BF578C3-3115-418E-A48D-E5ADFD1D8289.jpeg

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links