2017 M6 top up oil

Oneel

Hi all

is this normal or something I should be bothered about? 2017 M6, never missed a beat and only 33k miles. 2 days ago warning flashed up saying ‘top up oil 1 litre’. Is this normal? There is no leaks I had it checked, it has concerned me?

thanks in. Advance guys

Morning Oneel

When was the car last serviced ? A Dealer will say that's normal but then they always do ?? 

I have read of this warning coming on after as little as 1500 miles on one of the US Forums (why don't they fit a Dip Stick). I would check the hand book for which oils are safe to use. I believe the recommended grade for your engine is 0-30 SEQ68 though I have seen Fully Synthetic oils from 5-20 to 5-40 recommended for use in the S63B44B Turbo charged engine. So from what I am reading a litre in 33k seems a good figure

My own 4.6is V8 ran Castrol fully synthetic 5-30 until the Timing chain guides failed. I rebuilt the engine completely (not just new chain guides) upper and lower chains, pistons rings crank polished and balanced all bearings gaskets etc etc a big list. I also fitted Dinan Cams and throttle body with an upgraded ECU. When talking to Dinan in the US they recommended 5-40 fully synthetic which is what I now use. I change the oil/filter every year as a matter of course as I have never trusted Dealer Extended service periods. My old X5 has now covered just over 160k and is 19 years young, last year a run on a rolling road showed 372hp at the wheels and although I don't push it hard it is used to tow a Horse trailer and some gentle Off Road use I have not had to top up between oil changes which happen around 8 to 10k

Dave