Dashboard warning lights

Rcbooth

No more stessing over warning lights,,  invest £25 in a obd reader, will tell u everything,,follow  instru on handheld , remove all permanently,,honest no con !!!!

Creatdor c110+ bmw scanner amazon

Morning Richard

Welcome to the Forum

I think your missing the point here, good to know you have a Fault Reader but !!

1) If there is a warning light on, it is on for a reason telling you something needs investigating or fixing. Once fixed it goes out anyway? Only essential safety systems ABS, SRS etc normally need resetting.

2) An OBD code reader is a useful tool to understand what is happening with the essential control modules in the car. Not just turn out warning lights (hope I am misreading your post). Just erasing Faults only delays the inevitable as eventually something will fail which if it affects other modules can be very very costly. Just turning lights off is not good maintenance 

On older cars many faults are triggered by low/under voltage conditions. These can often are actually indications of a dying battery and/or poor connections at connectors or earth points.

Dave

I have the same reader. It worked great for resetting my airbag light on the e46. I keep it in the e53 to get me out of any issues. The car used to jump into fail safe mode and misfire, so I could plug it in and erase the codes to get home. 
as greydog says though, erasing the fault codes are great for old issues that have been resolved but don’t be fooled by thinking the issues will disappear themselves. Find them with the tool and fix them so they don’t return. 
with my misfire episodes, I invested in pasoft 1.4 something or other at a cost of about £40 and it is much more than a diagnosis program. I found faults with the handheld, then scanned with the pasoft and fixed the issues. 
I still have the scanner in the car, great bit of kit 👍🏻

…. And also, as the wise old grey one pointed out… my limp mode issue was in fact a dying battery. 
£90 and a trip to a well known orange signed auto spares place solved it all…. 
till the scanner found something else with the temperamental git 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links