Noobie looking for advice

Hi to all. New to the forum and im abiut to buy my 1st ever 3 series and was looking for some advice . 

Im looking at a 2010 E93 3.0 petrol msport later today its on 120k. Ive read conflicting info on cam chains some say life of the the car including the salesman at the dealers some say 90k replacement . Any info on this would be great . Also any other major issues i should look out for would be appriciated 

Thanks all 😎👍🏻

Morning Stephen

Aren't Salesmen great "Life of the car" normally means the end of their warranty responsibility 🤣 

In reality this is one of the worlds great engines and with good maintenance and regular oil changes they are capable of Star Ship mileages. 

I have some experience of the N52N version of this engine which one of our sons friends has in a competition/(Drift Car) when he brought the car it had covered 140K we took the engine out and we stripped it and rebuilt it the only new parts were gaskets lower chain and oil pump we changed the lower chain and oil pump as a precaution due to the thrashing he would be giving it. 2018/19 and over the last 2 years he has hammered the life out of the engine just about every weekend he changes oil regularly is his contribution to it's long life. Lord knows how many miles it has covered now but the last few years have all been at maximum attack 

So if the history is good the car runs sweetly and absolutely everything works as it should I would have no qualms I would howver sqeeze the Salesman for an extended Warranty as part of the deal or money off to get your own then you are covered.

Dave

• Like 1

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links