Uh,Oh

wildbill

I didn't expect to end up here, in the UK.

I'm in Hawaii.

I just bought a used 2005 - Z4 on a trip to another island about a week & a half ago, then had it shipped here to Big Island.

As far as I can tell, it's the only Z4 on the island.

Took it for my first ride today.

I'm ecstatic with it.

I'm planning to make up-dates/up-grades to a few minor age related less than perfect interior items, maybe even having the seats reupholstered.

Not sure if being here will be much help in that.

I'm glad to be here, but let me know if I need to move on.

Thx,

Mike

Thanks Stu.

I've owned and driven a pickup as my main ride for the last 40 years.

This is the first smaller sports type vehicle I've owned in 50 years.

I figured it was time for a change.

I'm happy with it.

The seats are in better condition than I thought.

But, I'll get an upholster to look at them.

It looks as if only a few seams are giving out, but the leather is holding up well.

Getting them resewn should clean up the interior nicely, almost renewing it.

Island roads tend to be narrow and windy.

Just made for a vehicle like this.

Morning Mike 

Welcome to the Forum

If you are a Beemer owner your welcome here

There are a couple of sites that will help going forward with up-dates and other improvements. www.realoem.com this is an online BMW parts list just put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the Search box it will bring up your model. Then search the sections for what you want, when you find your part the part number will ensure get the right part. If you double click the part number it will bring up the part and a list of alternatives

www.pelicanparts.com have some terrific how to's with pictures plus a great deal of knowledge.

If your into DIY I would invest in a BMW specific diagnostic program such as BMW 1.4.0 or INPA/ISTA it will help a great deal with sorting issues or coding in upgrades.

Good Luck and ENJOY your new car

Dave

At first I was a bit miffed when I found out that run-flats are used and no jack or spare are included with the vehicle.
I have been a hard core DIY all my life.
But on second thought, I'm on an island now.
Before moving here I lived in Alaska for 35 years and drove 60k miles/year regularly.
Big Island is only 93 X  80 mi.
A big difference, I don't drive nearly as much as I used to.
I live on the wetter-windward side.
The BMW dealer is on the drier-leeward side, as far from me as it can get, but still only a 2-1/2 hr drive.

I'm taking the car into a mechanic tomorrow to have the oil and filter changed, then go find the upholsterer to look into seats.

Got to look at getting a spare and jack, but don't thing there's room jn the trunk for them.
Gotta' measure things up to figure it out out. 

While the car is 17 years old the body is in very good condition with only 2 very small hard to see dings with no paint damage.
I will want to look into having them faired out.

The X4 is a Titan Grey color.
How difficult is it to match the repair paint with the existing BMW paint, quality and color? 

Any more posts  will be in the proper forums

Thx,

Mike

Morning Mike

BMW aren't the only Manufacturer to see Run Flats as an opportunity to leave out the spare and jack and charge us more for the privilege 🤣

Check realoem as I believe the jack and spare were available on some models. My X5 came with a Space Saver but due to it having a staggered set up I added a smal compressor/inflator and a repair plug kit. Happy to tempt fate and report never needed the spare and since adding the compressor I have used it twice on a neighbours car and one of our sons 

A copy of PASoft BMW 1.4.0 on a laptop will save you the 21/2 hour trip to the Dealer as it will give Dealer level diagnostic capability plus more and cost is really low

ENJOY

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links