Busted Blower regulator!

Ged15

Hi Guys, Just joined the Bimmers!! Woo Hoo! Thanks for having me, be gentle with me! Ous son has a 2013 520D and the blower has packed in ( apparently a common fault?) I’m intending to replace myself tomorrow but when I bought the part ( Williams Liverpool) it wasn’t the Hedgehog looking unit I was expecting,this is a rather flat unit,no spikes/ prongs, also , when I checked on YouTube all the videos are showing the unit under the glovebox at the back of the gear box tunnel but they all are left hand Drive models, Would this be the same on Right hand Drive models? Any advice is much appreciated, thanks Guys, Ged

Afternoon Ged

Welcome to the Forum

Yes you will find it in the same place just got pedals in the way yo increase the Faddle level.

If you aren't aware take a look at www.realoem.com it's an online BMW parts list put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box and it calls up your model then check the relevant sections for the correct part numbers for your car. There are small exploded drawings which may help see where stuff fits. Another good site is www.pelicanparts.com they have how to's with pictures but as it is an American site the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

Good Luck

Dave

Hi Greydog,thanks for your quick reply! Many Thanks for your input, the part I was given was the Blower Fan unit, it bolts underneath the actual fan ( in the engine bay by the bulkhead) did this but the fan still only works intermittently! Will this model still have a Final Stage resistor below the dashboard or have I just replaced it? It couldn’t have broken at the worst time when we all need a clear screen, any suggests and pointers would be much appreciated,thanks again 

• 2 weeks later...

Did you check realoem for location and part numbers?

You coul also try www.pelicanparts.com a USA site but some really useful "how to's" with pictures. A diagnostic scan may help as it could be the control unit 

Dave

Hi Greydog, thanks for getting back to me! I eventually got a diagnostic scan that pinpointed the Fan Blower had packed in, New Fan assembly and hey presto! Sorted! Can’t thank you enough for your help and guidance, Take care, 👍