1st time BMW owner of a 07 535d M Sport Touring

Swingy_p

Evening all,

As per title, just purchased a used 535d M sport after m trusty Volvo V70 D5 died, thought that was a lovely car til I got in the beamer 😍😍 oh my god, why haven't I had one of these before!!! 

The car came with bags of service history and all past MOTs have been clean with only tyre and bulb related advisories so I'm well happy with her and she goes like S### of a shovel lol 😆😆

Is there anything that I should be keeping an eye out on a car of this age?

Thanks in advance a newly converted BMW owner

Paul698973320_20211222_0723053.thumb.JPG.6533ed92d042a3e14b3135e816de4200.JPG

36 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Paul

Welcome to the Forum

The 535d is an awsome bit of kit I am sure it will give you plenty of SMILES per Gallon

Dave

Hi Dave,

Oh it's giving me plenty of smiles don't you worry 😁😁 

She came to me already mapped (374.3BHP AND 723Nm TORQUE) and with a few other upgrades so has more than twice the power of my old V70.

Just still trying to work out this idrive thing as have managed to work out how to get the radio on and tuned but can't for the life of me get my phone to connect to it either by WiFi or Bluetooth, 

I'm being a proper man here lol and I'm not resorting to Google to look for the instructions lol but after a week I'm about ready to hold up the white flag and admit defeat (hangs head in shame and holds up flag 😞🏳️)

Paul

Morning Paul

My brother inlaw is now on his 5th 5 series Touring (current is a 540d x drive) previous were 535d all ecu tuned from new. The last 535d and the current car are mid range Porsche killers 😈

The BMW bluetooth systems are limited on the number of phones that can be registered so if it;s memory is full it could drive you bonkers. 

Try this, on your phone turn on Bluetooth, in iDrive go to communication and in the sub menu phone (or could be new phone) and select. your phone and the car should find each other (something like BMW xxxx showing 0n both screens. OK you should be asked for a Pass Code (your Phones) so normally 0000 or 1234 click ok. then it will ask if you want to transfer contacts etc click yes job done. Well I think that's how it goes 🤣

Or you could call up You tube 😂

Hide your Licence and ENJOY, with that power and torque you you only need bluetooth to scream for you MUM

Dave

3 minutes ago, Greydog said:

Morning Paul

My brother inlaw is now on his 5th 5 series Touring (current is a 540d x drive) previous were 535d all ecu tuned from new. The last 535d and the current car are mid range Porsche killers 😈

The BMW bluetooth systems are limited on the number of phones that can be registered so if it;s memory is full it could drive you bonkers. 

Try this, on your phone turn on Bluetooth, in iDrive go to communication and in the sub menu phone (or could be new phone) and select. your phone and the car should find each other (something like BMW xxxx showing 0n both screens. OK you should be asked for a Pass Code (your Phones) so normally 0000 or 1234 click ok. then it will ask if you want to transfer contacts etc click yes job done. Well I think that's how it goes 🤣

Hide your Licence and ENJOY, with that power and torque you you only need bluetooth to scream for you MUM

Dave

Hi Dave,

Cheers for that 👍🏻 will definitely give that a go and fingers crossed you will have helped my smile get that little bit bigger while driving 😁 

Did find a factory reset tab but was a bit dubious about that in case I lost other functions of the system.

The thing is an absolute animal lol and the straight 6 sounds amazing so  not too fussed I I can't have my own Music in the car as am happy enough to listen to that engine all day long lol 😆😆

Paul 

2 hours ago, Greydog said:

Morning Paul

Dave

Nope, I give up 😞 can't get the !Removed! thing to work lol