Convertible leak into boot 6 series

phil lewis

I seem to have constant water in the boot compartment of my 6 series convertible.

I am sure there must be drainage pipes to the outside of the car, from the hood cavity, but I have no idea where these could be, especially difficult unless on a ramp. Any idea guys  The leaks have already destroyed an amplifier, not happy times.

Morning Philip

Not good check realoem.com in the body and trim sections it should allow you to identify where they are. When searching for the leak don't ignore the rear light clusters the seals perish and allow water past over time. I had to remove the clusters and use a thin bead of clear silicone smeared on the cluster seal has cured it (so far)

Dave

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2021 at 8:13 AM, Greydog said:

Morning Philip

Not good check realoem.com in the body and trim sections it should allow you to identify where they are. When searching for the leak don't ignore the rear light clusters the seals perish and allow water past over time. I had to remove the clusters and use a thin bead of clear silicone smeared on the cluster seal has cured it (so far)

Dave

Hey that is a great tip on the rear light cluster seals. How old was your vehicle? Seems like a bit of good practice to follow that.

Happy New Year Paul

Mine were an own goal !! the rear lights were faded and cloudy polished them a couple of times but still didn't look good, So I brought new replacements fitted them mid year, first winter couldn't work out where the water was coming from in the boot. Finally worked it back to the rear clusters and sealed them up nothing since. I have read a lot of posts on other websites where the same thing has happened.

Dave