E87 130i M handling

SunKing968

Hi Gents,

Would you say that the 130i's handling limits are (like all modern BMWs) too high to be able to toss around/explore the limits on a public road, vs. an old E30 or Toyota GT86 with its skinny tyres?  I'm looking for something that a crappy driver like myself can chuck around playfully on back roads at modest speeds, not so much a high-grip track toy.

Thanks!

Morning Nicolas 

Sorry but I would think it is far safer for you and other road users if your car has more stick ability when "chucking" it about !! Public roads are just that side and back roads are lined with trees not to mention other road users. 

I have no idea what skill levels you have but during lockdown a lad who went to school with one of our sons who was heavily involved in Drifting, He had a great deal of talent 2019 giving Demo's up the Hill at the Festival of Speed. He was out "chucking it about"  on local back roads. He ran out of talent and hit an Ash tree, he and two others died at the scene his girlfriend lost a leg. So I feel quite strongly about "Chucking" a ton and a half about on public roads. 

Do track days or loin a Drift club and play safely.

Dave

PS Yes I am an Old Bloke but I am no Fuddy Duddy it's more fun to have an Estate car that can slaughter a Porsche away from a roundabout when the road is clear and know it will stop and steer as well (that's my Wife's) My old 400hp X5 can surprise as well.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links