Navigation.

B_alves72

Can I get some insight about the nav system in the 2011 X3. from the menu I select the option to show "points of interest" gas, hospitals etc but nothing shows up on the nav screen. on my mazda, points of interest when selected, show up on the screen all the time while driving. 

Morning Brendon

Welcome 

I am not sure but I think the I drive versions of Navigation only show the selected POI on the map in use, once you turn off it resets. One of the other's with more up to date Nav systems than mine (still steam driven) will be along to help.

Dave

For all things Nav related. try www.satnavupgrades.co.uk. The guy there, Rusty is very helpful and knowledgeable. I found the company over two years ago and although mainly for my Beemer, have also had upgrade for Nissan Quashqai which one of my daughters had for a while. 

Hi everyone, I just bought a used 2017 BMW X3 xDrive35i.  It doesn't have Navigation or Apple CarPlay which I would like.  Local dealer this morning told me they can't add it now.  I was a little surprised by that. Anyone have experience on adding this functionality or recommendations on after market options?

Morning Mags

Welcome to the Forum

I take it you have BMW's Evo system? Your BMW dealer is really saying is "it's something I know nothing about and can't be bothered to find out" sadly you will find folks like this in all manufacturer Dealerships no matter what the make. The truth is the first conversions are by third party companies and from what I have read are very good and not difficult to fit.

From what I have read there are 2 types of system (1) Replaces the existing NBT/EVO system and requires Chassis registration. I have read that getting the bluetooth working can be a faff but not difficult. (2) Is an add in box that integrates with the onboard system and requires no coding.

System 1 has Navigation bult in system 2 allows Google maps or your phones nav to be used

I am passing on what I have read on some technical forums and have not practically experienced either system, however when BMW introduced their first iBus system (late 90's) there were many "cant be done" comments from dealers. Fortunately the world is full of inquisitive engineers who had hacked the iBus system and made it possible to fit 3rd party upgrades before system was a year old. As time went on they got better and better and easier to fit. Same with the NBT/EVO system.

So look outside the BMW Dealer Network, Google what your looking for and find what you want talk to the supplier before purchase to ensure you are getting what you want then go for it.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links