Dashboard/seats

Kenny535d

My next mission now the gearbox is half sorted (just need to get it fitted) I am going to sort the interior out and get rid of the mismatched interior. 

I have a donor car with full black trims, carpets etc. 

I have no issue giving this a bash but was wondering a couple of things. 

1. any special tools needed for anything? I had a quick look and see the torx bolt on the floor for the seats look an odd size?

2. The bottom of my dash is light grey, do I need to replace the whole dash or can I just replace these parts?  

3. How difficult should the carpet change be? Any wires to look out for underneath or anything else?

4. the donor car doesn’t have the climate controls on the rear of the centre console  but does have an aux input. I’d much rather have this tbh. Will there be wiring already in my car for it or do I need to procure something from the donor car?

5. The ‘new’ interior hasn’t got heated seats, the ones in mine are even although they aren’t m sport seats. I’m not too fussed on having heated seats and I noticed the idrive doesn’t have a heated seat control in it so assume these ones were half retrofitted like everything else lol. Can I just leave plugs undone or can I move heat pads or such like into the new seats?

Think that’s it for now, will add anything else I think as I’m sure there will be more lol

ta

k

Morning Kenny

Use BMW Vin decoder it will give you the build sheet for your Chassis, that way you know what was there at assembly.

(1) No special tools that I can think of? ? Apart from a really big bag of patience, I take it you have a good trim removal tool set. The seats in my X5 are held down byT45 Fillister head from memory. My 3/8 Drive ratchet set has T10 to T55 plus I added the same sizes in Torx Sockets. I would take a good look at TIS and Realoem if there are any plastic clips get a few spare before hand, (though as you have a donor car you may be OK.

(2) With any luck your donor car has trim parts in the colour you want?? One of the guys on the X5 forum a few years back wrapped his in Carbon effect the pictures looked good.Check www.realoem.com for clues.

(3) The main looms and connectors should be there (unless your Modder has been there with his scissors) If your car is like the X5 the main loom runs each side of the car in a channel under the carpet then across to the centre under the seats where it meets with the loom from the Dash. Some carpet may be glued in place but removal should be straight forward. Just dip into the bag of patience 

(4) Just compare the two loom connections under the centre console 

(5) You can change heated seat pads (bag of patience again) again realoem should be a help if used with TIS. You can leave plugs unused just tape them to protect them. Me personally if it is there it should work!1 My sons say I have OCD in that respect 🤣

Seems your in a similar mould Kenny you will have a virtually new car soon 😅

Dave