G'day from Western Austraila

Bruzas320i

Hello to all from down under. Hope all are well in these interesting times. I'm new to the wonderful world of BMW's. I've always owned V8 Fords or Toyota 4wd's. As a qualified automotive mechanic for nearly 26 years I've always owned what I knew best. It's not that I haven't admired BMW's just never owned one until now, for some odd reason they don't hold their value here in Australia......... This series 3 I bought from a car yard is such a beautiful car to drive. I've fixed the common faults with them (valve guides and full timing chain set) and 1 window regulator. I thought I'd join this forum to glean what I can. The factory stereo Bluetooth doesn't work anymore so I was wondering what direction to go there. I'm 46 with a family so a loud doof doof sound system wont really be needed. just something the phone will go through again. Factory or aftermarket? Also the exhaust looks odd to me. This is the 2ltr petrol non turbo. It looks like extractors up front with twin Catalytic converters, then it's twin exhaust until about half way down the car then joins into a weird single system with a rear muffler shaped like a pillow? I'm tempted to start again from the flange after the cats and make it look nice, neat and better flowing than what's there. Thoughts?

BMW black plate.jpg

G'day Les

Welcome to the Forum

Nice looking Car

Bluetooth in this age of Beemer was not one of BMW's finest efforts I am afraid. The ULF modules are often available if it is that,or possibly the Bluetooth antenna it's self. Worth checking if the units memory is full there is a way of clearing the memory check your handbook as I think 4 phones registered is it's max. There are a few sound system upgrades check out Dynavin or Xtrons.

Exhaust systems just research your local market and suppliers would be my advice as we are in the UK our recomendations probably won't help much.

ENJOY your Beemer

Dave

Hi Dave. Thanks for the reply. Would the later model in the E90 320i fit do you think? the last of a model "usually" has all the kinks ironed out as I'd rather the interior remain factory. The exhaust I recon I will build one from scratch. Buy pre-bent mandrel bends and straight bits, muffler, resonator and weld something together that looks less..........clunky. I could still have a factory looking oval tip or I think some of these have the twin tip. It's the only thing on the car I really dont like the look of is what's between the exhaust manifold and exhaust tip. Not to make it louder but more to have parts that are off the shelf. I haven't seen or found a decent photo to know if someone has played with this exhaust or it's just an ugly factory design. I know I could build something for half the price of a pre-fab replacement and if it's made the same as what's there already then for me building my own just makes sense.

Hi Les

I have a couple of lists of all the ULF/Telematic units that I used when finding the best upgrade for my X5 I hope it helps 

Take a look at www.realoem.com it is a BMW Online Parts list just put the last 7 digits of your Vin into the search box it will bring up your model, then search the relevant section there a re small exploded drawing to help identify if your exhaust is standard or not.

Hope the lists help

Dave

BMW ULF.odt

BMW_TCUandULF_PartNumbers.pdf