Airbag/seatbelt lights

Kenny535d

Thought I’d start a new thread to save cluttering the other one. 

I’m investigating the seatbelt/airbag/restraint warnings I’m getting. I went and took some pics earlier to show what I’ve found. I expected the occupancy sensor on the passenger seat to either be missing or wires to have been chopped. The sensor is still the and looks like all the wires are intact, I am getting a “not present” code on ISTA. Should I just buy a new sensor or is it more likely the seat pad is knackered and I should get an emulator for it.

On further investigations I think these seat came from an SE spec 5 series, not the original m sport ones 🙄

I did however find 2 cut wires and a resistor of some sorts soldered into wires under the drivers seat. 🤷‍♂️ Pics below 

4C26E341-0747-4AF7-B54F-FAAD147CCBF2.jpeg

AAF7DF82-99AB-49BF-BA5A-0C3D3461B216.jpeg

6E36DD3F-6145-4C90-90BB-80906141921F.jpeg

Ha Ha Ha that doesn't look OEM!!! I have a German Pointer dog that can solder better than that 😆 When you did the Vin check what seats were spec'ed at Build.?

Take care if connecting/re-connecting as some have an airbag in the shoulder of the seat.

You should be able to find wiring diagrams in ISTA/INPA that will help find what he was "Modding" this time 

Dave