Driving Stabilisation

JtotheB

I have an error code that pops up after a few seconds of driving. 

Driving Stabilisation

Continue driving at moderate speed. Initialisation in progress. Driving stabilisation available after automatic initialisation.

Also the indicators have stopped automatically cancelling. 

It started after the battery was disconnected for a different project. I have a code reader but not sure what I’m looking for. Battery level is 82% 

Morning James

Welcome to the Forum

First your battery is either dying or needs charging, at 7 years old it could well be near it's end. You should se 12.8v at rest and around 14v+ when engine running 82% is around 9v 

The low voltage could well be triggering your other warnings so that is where I would start, a new battery will need registering to your car to ensure correct charging takes place. If it isn't a job you would do yourself any competent Garage should be able to do it for you, or if you have deep pockets a BMW Dealer.

Dave

Thanks Dave,

I also noticed today that the tyre pressures aren’t showing on the screen and hitting reset doesn’t bring them up. I’ll head down the the garage and see what they can do. 

Morning James

Worth getting a copy of ISTA/INPA for yourself it will be a much quicker way of identifying issues (cheaper too as a couple of Diagnostic sessions will be more expensive) 

After water ingress it could well be an issue with the LCM/FCM as so much communication goes through the unit. A good diagnostic will show it up

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links