Outside temperature sensor location?

Russ2009

Hi there, looking for help and advice really... so the stop start didn’t work on the 118d 11 plate I picked up... had a garage look at it and they advise the battery wasn’t giving enough power to operate it so I had them change it.. however... during this they blew the front footwell module!!! Arranged for it to be sent off via DHL courier to be repaired and returned and fitted.. NIGHTMARE BEGUN... DHL lost the parcel and after 10 days of arguing they agreed to pay Bmw nearly £2500 and had a new module ordered, fitted and coded by the main dealer... got car back yesterday.... all happy but stop start still not working.. have noticed that my car reads 50degrees as outside temperature and have read that this could also be cause of stop start not working... have looked for the temperature sensor but cannot locate it! There is a small sensor located behind front lower grill under number plate but this doesn’t look like the images I’ve seen of the temperature sensor, as in bit like a small Ariel.. the one I’m seeing looks like a little square box with what looks like a circle sensor flat on it!! Wtf  is that!! So.... where the hell is the temperature sensor and does anyone know where it should plug in so I can trace the leads and check all’s ok, or even trace the leads and find it!!! Thanks guys..

B4A2A010-CCDA-4CDF-B5CE-167F539D1CF8.png

Morning Russell

Nightmare over !! Just the bad dreams now 

From this it looks like it lives behind the bumper near side low down different pictures show it protruding through the lower bumper (antenna part) ?? I did read that the sensor can be reset by pushing and holding the AC and Re-circ buttons at the same time, nothing to lose by trying.

Good Luck seems your making progress 

Dave

For BMW Genuine Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Front 65816936953 _ eBay.html

Hey Russ,

I was wondering the same thing, I found it on mine (2009 1 series) if you open your bonnet, look to the left and there is a small gap to which you can see the back of your front grill, you will find the sensor down there, I'm not sure if it's the same on the 2011 model.

20210510_125947.jpg

20210510_130033.jpg

Hi Rak, thanks so much for the photos.... thinks it’s pretty much the case and further investigation yesterday revealed a couple of things!!! So... I found that the engine under tray comes in 3 parts.... the Center parts there, and the passenger parts there but found that the drivers small part is missing,,, hence why I’ve not been able to find it and trace anything back!! Lol 

so ordered a new sensor but now comes the mission of finding where it’ll plug into once I’ve set it in position!! Don’t suppose you remember where the wire loom goes to or what the plug looks like that I should be looking for!! !Removed! joke!!! Haha

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links