RunFlats or not RunFlats that is the question....

john.stokes532

Hi All,

I have a 2015 BMW 530D MSport F10 , I'm thinking of switching the tyres to non runflats 245 40 19 front and 275 35 19 rears

Has anyone done this on this model / year? if so did you encounter any issues? tyre pressure monitor warning, handling, ride, noise, rubbing etc?

I'm hoping the answer to the above is no, go for it 🙂 but Id rather be sure before spending a ton of cash to encounter issues?

Help / Advice would be appreciated 🙂 

Hi John

My Brother Inlaw has run 5 series touring for a number of years the current is a 535d on the same size as you once the runflats were finished he went to Bridgestone I think he is on his 2nd set on this car. He has a business in Holland so normally travels a lot (Covid allowing) and says the Bridgestone are quieter and wear well. No issues reported just remember that the sensors attached to the valve stem can be damaged by clumsy fitters.

Hope this helps

Dave

• 4 months later...

I have a 530d F11 which I had on run flats for a year then switched as they were harsh. I've had Goodyear Eagle F1 R18 on it the last two years and I would never switch back. Aside from the obvious cost, its quieter and smoother over bumps. I don't have TPM in the wheels so no problems there and the rate of wear is the same as before. As I have breakdown assistance on my insurance I'm not worried about getting a flat (so far I haven't gotten one) but I did buy a space saver wheel for when I do long journey's. Handling in the corners is not different as far I am concerned. Its a heavy car so no amount of tire reinforcement will make it any better than it is. Other than concern for  getting a flat id say do it, save the money. Worst case you have tires that you don't like for maybe a year or so then change them but at least you'll have your own opinion of what suites you best. 

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links