E92- won’t start- click-“increased battery discharge” -battery? Starter? Help!!!

Taylor77

Hey guys, I own an E92 - 330d - coupe - 120k - 2009 ,I drove it lastnight then tried again this morning, everything as normal (lights, power, radio, screen all fine) put the key fob in and pressed start, I just hear a “click” no start up, power flips off then back on, I have had the orange “raised car sign” then the “increased battery discharge” message a few times recently so I’m really hoping it’s the battery, but I’ve tried a powerpack and didn’t make a difference, the steering wheel is locked, can anyone help or have had the same scenario? some advice would be much appreciated, thanks 

Morning Will

Welcome to the Forum

If your battery is original it could well be the source of your issues. When you used the power pack I hope it was on the Charge points under the bonnet to avoid any damage to electrics. Remember when fitted your new battery will need registering to your car to ensure correct charging,

Dave

Yes Dave the power pack was under the bonnet, and by the looks of it I think it could well be the original battery which is pretty impressive given it’s a 2009 car! A neighbour of mine offered to jump start it and we got it going so I’m relived as it’s almost definitely just the battery!, now my next problem is finding a replacement that Dosnt cost the earth and getting it coded!  Euro car parts had one battery for my model which cost £503!!! Nearly fell off my chair! 
kwikfit do one for £200 but Havnt gotten back to me on the registration yet, I do have a BimmerCode OBD but I’m cautious over messing around with it too much, I’ve asked my local BMW garage for a quote on what they charge for both batteries and Registration but they seem internet on replying with everything but! ,thanks for replying Dave 

Hi Will

The prices you have sound high side I would check www.realoem.com for the correct battery for your car then check out Halfords among others. I brought a new AGM battery 800cca 90a/hr for my X5 for £112 last year so the deals are there any garage with decent software can register the battery plus the AA/RAC 

Dave

Thanks again Dave, I work in the NHS so I emailed my local BMW dealership and asked if they could do any better they said they will sell me a battery/ fit it/ code it and do a couple of recalls that needed doing for £250 inc VAT, feels ridiculous paying someone to fit a battery! (Emasculating even!) But this is my first bmw and I want it to run smoothly! 

Morning Will

Considering the battery prices you had and Dealer hourly rates (my local Dealer is close to £200) that seems a better price. Have you told them you are NHS and need a reliable car see if you can squeeze a bit more 😁 worth a try

Dave