Parking Light Issue

Rasta

Hello All

I bought 2018 BMW X5 last year. I've just put it in for a service and they've reset the diagnostic computer and disabled my parking lights. Apparently this is due to the fact that we're now out of the the EU. I have spoken to BMW UK and they're not prepared to discuss the matter to rectify it. I'm currently training as a paramedic and use my parking lights as apposed to my hazard lights, as they don't drain the battery as much. Is there anything I can do to get this facility reenabled as originally fitted when I bought the car. Many Thanks

Morning Rasta

I would take it up with the dealer why did they carry out this change without asking the vehicle owner YOU that is unauthorised work. Parking lights are just as much a requirement in the UK as the EU I would be telling not asking them that they should return the car in the same condition as it was when they took it in ie: Parking Lights working.

Can you not activate them through the I-drive ? On my car (older) the light switch has to be in the Auto position then stop turn off the engine remove key and open the drivers door then operate the indicator stalk to the side you want the lights.

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links