2017 X1

Mark S

New to the site and the world of BMW's. I'm considering buying a 2017 X1 in either x

drive or s drive and I would appreciate any feedback about them. Good? Bad? Reliable? I'm concerned about how expensive repairs will be. Thanks for any input! 

Morning Mark

Welcome to the Forum 

Hope your Christmas has been a good one and 2021 is peaceful and Prosperous

First "S" drive is Front wheel drive (if you are't aware) and Xdrive is all wheel drive, Engine wise most EU cars will be Diesel though petrol engines are available.

Were it my money it has been a tough year for all business's and the motor trade is no exception so I would set my targets first, say X drive 25d or 25e (I always go for the biggest engine as it wont have to work quite as hard) set my budget and start the hunt. I would be looking at BMW Dealers to ensure that a BMW AUC Warranty is included, then let the negotiations begin If the car has the build spec I want tyres are new or almost new (don't want to be buying tyres a month or two after getting it) I would be pressing for a service deal and an extended warranty 3 years at least.

My main push would be for Service deals and Warranty remember salesmen get commission on these items too so no mercy. Be strong and prepared to walk away crazy fact our homes and our cars are the biggest purchases we make but both tend to be brought with our heart not our heads. More cars are brought on colour trim and gadgets than what it is actually needed for.

Get the security of an AUC Warranty around you get a Service contract in place and pay for interim oil changes just as added protection would be my way forward and enjoy your Beemer

Good luck with the hunt

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links