I-drive problem

Check

Hi all, just started to experience problems with the i-drive system, the sound keeps cutting out for everything, radio, park aid, lights on alarm, etc. When that happens the whole i-drive freezes as well unable to select anything, phone prep is completely non existent. It'll come on for a few seconds then cut out again. Sometimes there'll be a popping sound from the speakers. I've tried to reboot the system, but still keeps happening. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Hi Daran

Welcome to the Forum

From what I have learned it will likely be a fault on the Most Bus, one of the units or it's most bus link is blocking the signal. You can by a Most Bus Optical test loop then starting in the boot unplug the units one at a time, when you pull the Most Plug you should see a flashing light. If there is no flash the unit or units before it in the chain are blocking the signal. Move back until you find the flashing light plug in the test loop if everything now works you have your problem unit. Digital Radio units and TCU are likely culprits.

First check one of the online Vin Decoders to see what was fitted at build. Then check www.realoem.com to see where stuff is fitted makes checking easier.

That will make sure you don't get bored over Christmas 🤣

Dave

Oh and Happy Christmas and a Merry New Year

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links