330e Grinding brakes

Colin T

Hello, I have a 2019 lease BMW 330e car which is my fourth BMW ( 3 x BMW 5 series) and my first 3 series. I have had it since November 2019. The car is really good except for the brakes which sound as though they are grinding when applying the brakes. The car has had replacement front and back shoes (service requirements on both occasions) and still the noise is there. It is really noticeable at slow speeds. I have taken it twice to the local dealer who told me that it was because the cars "are so quiet now so that's why you can hear it" ??!! As its a lease car I suspect the leasing company wont be in the slightest bit interested and the garage is giving the usual "we will keep an eye on it", code for go away...It is really annoying.

Anyone else had this and what did they do ?

Thanks 

Hi Colin

Welcome to the forum.

Do you know anyone else with the same model car? I'm thinking there may be an element of truth in what the dealer is saying, particularly if you are noticing this in electric mode when there is no engine noise. If you do know someone, a colleague perhaps, then ask to go for a drive with him or her to compare.

If not, then ask the dealer for a test drive in their demonstrator of that model to hopefully set your mind at ease.

Hope this helps.

John

I don't get grinding but I do get horrible loud squeaks every now and again. If I brake lightly, I can hear it quite loud. Prior to my ownership, it was serviced by BMW 2 days before. I picked it up on the road test but they could not find anything.

My guy has since had a good look. Copper grease on the back of the pads has made no difference. For now, I am learning to live with it.

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links