Headlight

Ed g30

Hi can someone help me out with this problem. I dont know why that light is not coming on. Someone told me its a a bulb and someone else says it's the drl system and now I'm confused. I would I appreciate all the help thank you guys.

20201013_173515.jpg

Welcome Edgar

Not sure what we are looking at here ?? 

It looks as though DRL is on, Halo's are on, Dipped Beam is on ? So is it main beam that is your issue (the inner lamp) if that doesn't work when main beam is selected then my first place to check would be the lamp (bulb) 

Is it just one side? Or both ? Are you getting Bulb Failure warnings at start up?

Dave

Yes the inner lamp i have highlighted in red. And yes when selected it doesn't work. Both don't work but i dont a bulb warning.  thank you for helping me. Is this covered by warranty or nothing? Someone told me it was but when I called they where telling me I had to pay. Also if I remember right the lights would stay on when I closed the car but now they don't. 

Thank you for your help it means a lot. 

20201014_213032.jpg

Morning Edgar

First has there been any work done on the car recently? Has anyone altered settings in the in the onboard computer? Has anyone checked the lamps and connections, are they Halogen or Adaptive LED? If they are Halogen the bulbs may simply have failed. 

I would not expect LED lamps to fail at 3 years, the lights would have to be on 24/7 for the service life to be reached. Have you spoken to the BMW Dealer?

Dave

Morning Dave,

Yes I took it to the bmw dealership to get it checked because there was a passenger restraint system malfunction. And they fix it but then on my way back home the light indicator (green light on the dash) was flashing. No I haven't gotten someone to check it because the dealer was trying to charge me to have someone check it. Which to me its odd because the car still under warranty. 

Morning Edgar

I am not sure but I don't think Bulb failure is included under the warranty. Normally they would be seen as a service item like Brake Pads, washer fluid, tyres, etc.I would check the lamps myself just to be sure of the issue. Your Handbook should show you how

If you have the LED headlamps? As they are (a) expensive and (b) are supposed to have a very long service life. So I am uncertain whether they are covered.by your Warranty check it, Warranty is normally parts and labour in case of failure mechanical/electrical items. If they are covered then put pressure on the Dealer.

If you haven't already write (Email) to the Dealer explain the sequence of events Dealer carries out fault repair, lamp warning appears followed by lamp failure, ask why that would happen?

Dave

Latest Deals

BMW Official Store for genuine BMW parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links